We all know that seafood is essential for a healthy diet. The protein-packed seafood is low in sodium, calories, and cholesterol. They are high in vitamins and minerals, and can also help lower blood pressure and reduce the risk of heart diseases. Prepare it properly and you will have a wonderfully scrumptious and healthy meal!
Here are 5 seafood dishes you simply cannot miss out on:
- Salmon CroquettesThey are delicious and very easy to prepare. Heat vegetable oil in a medium skilled, over medium heat. Combine 2 fillets canned salmon, 1 beaten egg, 2 tablespoons diced green onions and ¼ cup of bread crumbs. Form this mixture into patties and sprinkle extra bread crumbs. Just fry them for about 2 minutes on each side, until they are a beautiful golden-brown colour.
For a something little extra, you can pair the croquettes with mashed potatoes.
- Tuna Noodle CasseroleA perfect comfort casserole! Pre-heat the oven to 375 degrees F and butter a medium baking dish with 1 tablespoon butter. Boil a large pot of slight salted water and then add 1 packet of uncooked medium noodles. Cook this for 8-10 minutes and then drain the water. Take a skillet and melt 1 tablespoon butter over medium heat. Add half of a finely chopped onion, 1 finely chopped stalk of celery and one minced clove of garlic. Cook, until tender. Increase the heat slightly and add 8 ounces of sliced button mushrooms. Cook and stir for 5 minutes.
Take a medium saucepan and melt 4 tablespoons of butter in it and whisk in ¼ cup flour until smooth. Then, slowly, whisk in 2 cups of milk and cook until the sauce is slightly thickened and smooth. Add salt and pepper according to taste. Stir in 2 cans of tuna, 1 cup frozen peas, mushroom mixture, and cooked noodles. Put this in to the baking dish. Sprinkle the casserole with a mix of butter and bread crumbs. Bake the heavenly buttery dish for 25 minutes and enjoy!
- Lobster RisottoCook some lobster and sauté the empty shells in oil. Cook them in a lot of water, with 1 onion, 2 bay leaves and a few peppercorns and make stock. Make sure the flavours last. Take a saucepan, add onions and cook them until translucent. Then add salt to taste and the Arborio rice. Properly stir it. After this, carefully add the hot broth to the rice making sure all of it is absorbed completely. Once everything is tender, add a little parmesan and lobster bits.
The risotto also works wonderfully without meat.
- Grilled Halibut With Peach and Pepper Salsa
Prepare salsa according to own taste. Let it sit for 30 minutes. Prepare the grill to medium high heat. Combine 4 teaspoons juice oil, paprika and1 garlic clove in a baking dish and whisk it. Add fish to the mixture and turn to coat. Let it sit for 15 minutes. Then remove the fish, discarding the marinade. Sprinkle the fish properly with salt and black pepper. Place the fish on the grill, coated with cooking spray. Grill it for about 3 minutes each side.
Serve the fish with salsa!
- Shrimp Taco SaladTake 1lb uncooked large shrimps (peeled and deveined) and remove the tails. Sprinkle them with half an envelope of taco seasoning in a bowl. Mix half a cup of oil, onion, vinegar, red pepper, garlic coriander and sugar. Take a skillet and fry some tortilla chips and sprinkle them with taco seasoning. Sauté shrimps for a few minutes. Mix the greens, tomatoes, beans, shrimp and tortilla chips. Drizzle some dressing all over the mix, finally sprinkling with cheese.
Enjoy the fun salad.